Monday, March 31, 2008

The wonderful world of roommates

This weekend my dear cousin slash roommate left the world we live in for the world of marriage. As excited as I am for her and all her new adventures, I am sad for myself. Melissa, Candice and I are definitely going through some Natalie withdrawals, some abandonment issues and I am experiencing some attachment problems.




It was a really fun thing to watch Natalie and Tyler come closer and make the choices that led them to the temple. Natalie has been one of my best friends for my entire life, and I am so excited to see her with someone like Tyler who loves her so much.


This is all of us at Natalie's wedding breakfast. She is the one in the blue jacket, Melissa the blond and Candice the brunette with the flower in her hair.

The reception sure was a lot of fun. Natalie had it decorated so beautifully with her skittles themed colors (not joking) but it really turned out well. There were five bridesmaids, each wearing one of 5 different colors, orange, yellow, pink, green and of course purple! Which was my dress. Unfortunately I was busy being the maid of honor so I didn't get to take many pictures. But here is one of Klemm (aka Melissa) and myself holding a piece of the bouquet in our hair. Natalie gracefully tossed her bouquet into the basketball hoop, completely accidentally. ( I was very grateful she did that rather than throw it at me, since the pressure was really on for me to catch it. ) In stead every one had a good laugh and we, the eligible women, divided it amongst our selves for safe keeping and equal ridicule.

As many struggles as I have to deal with every time a friend takes that faithful leap, I am more than elated for my friends and their happiness. Congratulations to all you married people!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

I love that you have a blog now! Even though I get to read about your life with the click of the button, you're still obligated to come see us in person!

p.s. How come I never knew about your pizza making aspirations?

Kimberly said...

Ash you have a blog! You forgot to mention that the best part was staying up until 1 am the night before the wedding giggling with your 30-something sister and very eligible brother! Very fun! Love ya!

*LaUrA* said...

HHIIII ASHLEE!! I saw an unfamiliar name on my comments and thought..hmmm...who is this? Could this be Miss Ashlee?...I was right and glad to be! I am so happy you got a blog!! I too find other's lives entertaining, intriguing, and a blessing...because they put mine in perspective and also gives me so many ideas, things to try,ways to progress, things to laugh at, and at times makes me feel like I have things pretty good!! Anyways..why I just said all that I don't know...but anyways...I will now officially be keeping up on you!!

Emmett and Ashlee said...

Long time Ash. I found you on Lisa's blog. I haven't seen you forever. You look great. I am glad I found you.
Ashlee Corrigan (Harmon)

beck said...

Ashawee, it's fun to read about you. It's been so long since I've seen you. Oh, wait. I see you all the time. But I still like to read your blog.

And I like you.

The Stanford Bunch said...

You didn't tell me you have a blog! I am so excited I can stalk you now! =) K, the colors for your friends wedding - AWESOME! I wish I woulda thought of that!!! You look gorgeous!

Jill said...

Hey Ashlee--I was just thinking of you the other day and wondering how you've been. Thanks for saying hi!

Emily said...

So are you going to recruit a new roommate to fill Natalie's spot? You look so cute, Ash. I looks like you took a secret trip to Hawaii... I think I'm going to have to do that too. Are you going home this weekend?

julie said...

A couple of things: First, I've been waiting for you to join the blog world!!! Hooray!!! And secondly, you are pretty. You are a babe in every picture on your blog. That must feel nice. :)

Jason, Amanda, Brayden and Dillon said...

YEAH Ashley!! I am so glad you have a blog now! I haven't talked to you in ages!! I miss seeing everybody, so it's so fun to see what you're up to.
-Amanda

Juli said...

Smash, you're a babe. And you look good in purple.