Friday, April 4, 2008

Turkey!!

This is a momentous occasion. I got my first turkey ever and a new high score in a game of bowling last night. There were only a few frames where I didn't clean house! (For some reason I feel like this won't be completely momentous until I hear a word of praise from my freakishly athletic sister) Some of you might be laugh and say "psh, that is so not a big deal, I get turkeys all the time!" But I am not afraid to admit, I am proud of my turkey which lead me to a 170, 13 points higher than ever before. Just in case you think I'm lying, I have pictures to prove it!





Candice and I decided we wanted to go bowling, so we grabbed a couple of guys and hit the alley. Which makes the victory even more sweet, I beat two gentleman twice! It was a lot of fun, for me. Plus I always enjoy a good opportunity to trash talk. Although he pretended not to care, I chose to believe that secretly it is eating him up inside that he was beat by a girl! Twice!

If you think I am being elusive about the identity of the gentleman I chose to take, I'm not trying to be. I am simply following his request not to be named specifically. So although I think it is a tad silly, I won't tell you who it was. In fact he didn't even want me to post a picture of him, which of course I did, but which one is he?

I did so well in this game, that I am now seriously considering joining a bowling league. Ok, not really, but it is kind of a funny idea.


10 comments:

Emily said...

He probably lost because his beard was throwing him off. hahahaha! Good job, ASH!

julie said...

I'm absolutely thrilled when I score over 100. Suffice it to say, I will not be bowling against you anytime soon.

Lisa said...

Come on, tell me his name. You can come over and tell me in person. He'll never know, I promise.

beck said...

Am I the freakishly athletic sister? Not that I think I'm freakishly athletic, but considering the other options, I just might be the only one that could be considered.

Good job on the turkey!

By the way, when I got my first turkey, I didn't actually know what it was. I thought someone actually brought a frozen turkey out to you. It was a little embarrassing.

The Stanford Bunch said...

CONGRATS ASH!!! That is awesome!!! Bowling sounds fun!

Nelly said...

Ash!

Hey, so fun to see you up and blogging! ;) Bowling - so fun! Do you remember "Spectro Bowling" in Filer? I miss you! I'm coming to UT/ID for about a month before we make the official move to AZ- so we'll have to get together!

Unknown said...

Wow, Ashlee, you're amazing! I get excited when I break 100. It's fun to see your blog. I could definitely be considered a blog stalker as well so I'll be stalking you. By the way, we have a website too, which includes a blog. The web address is www.musicalsmiths.com if you're interested.

Kimberly said...

Okay--someone please explain--what is a turkey?!

Kim

Ash you're cute!

Ash said...

A turkey is when you get 3 strikes in a row.

Katy said...

hey!
cute blog... I love catching up

Katy Nielson
tyandk8.blogspot.com