Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ode to my Nephews

This past month I had two new nephews born. Henry Kenneth Patterson
to Spencer and Emily
And
Emmett Jesse Butler
to Kendra and Chad

Both Henry and Emmett have brothers that are just under two years old. Grant is only 6 weeks older than Josh and Henry is only about 3 weeks older than Emmett. Both are adjusting pretty well to having a new baby around. Here are some pictures of Grant welcoming Henry home (on the left) and Josh bonding with Emmett (0n the right).
So I extend a warm welcome nephews #10 and #11 bringing the grand total of grand kids to 15. I love being an aunt and I'm sure it won't be too long before these two realize, I am the coolest person they know.



Henry might already know this because he spent two hours sleeping on me at the zoo, while his brother and cousin Ethan ran around looking at all the animals.


Later that night Grant and I hit the pool while his mommy dutifully took care of the baby. Grant loved "Ashy jump" which means he jumped off the side and off the steps and I caught him, over and over and over again. Now I feel a tad sorry for all the times I made my sisters or my parents catch me. Sorry guys! But It was really fun, and funny when his diaper got too heavy and fell off as he walked over to say hi to mommy.
Ethan also had a birthday which we all celebrated that weekend, with dinner at TGIFridays and a party at a bounce house in Sandy (which I don't have any pictures for.) I won't bore you with details of my other 6 nephews right now, but I'm sure you'll hear about them sometime.
I just wish I got to spend more time with them all.

9 comments:

*LaUrA* said...

Hi Ash! Cute kiddos!! I think Grant could totally be yours!! In a lot of pictures I think he looks a lot like you...although in the swimming one I think he looks like Emily. You are a great aunt!!

Ash said...

Actually a lot of people say that about Grant and me. I think he looks a lot like Spencer too, so I guess I look like Spencer.

Jesy said...

Ashlee! You make such a great aunt... but could I really be surprised?

Your life looks so fun and foot-loose! Enjoy it while it lasts!

*~ Jesy ~*

The Stanford Bunch said...

cute pic of you and Grant in the pool - what an awesome auntie!

Kimberly said...

okay I posted a comment and then noticed that I didn't spell anything right. You are awesome Ash! Thanks for posting a new post to occupy my time! Kim

John and Anna said...

Ash, You are so lucky to have that many neices and nephews. I must admit I'm a bit jealous. They are adorable. Just like you!

Kristen Woffinden said...

Hey Ashlee! I didn't even know you had a blog but I have like 60 emails I haven't opened and I miss you and I'm sorry I haven't talked to you in so long. It's so good to see your smiling face!!!

Emily said...

What a pleasant surprise to see my cute boys on your blog!! It's true, you are the coolest aunt! haha. Actually, I was writing in Henry's baby book today and I put your name in it a bunch of time because you were for so many of his first things!

beck said...

I'm cool too.