Monday, June 23, 2008

Oh Slap!

On Sunday I had a fun trip down memory lane.










Does anyone else remember the craze that was slap bracelets? I got one from a friend at church the other day, I'm seriously considering working it into my wardrobe for work this week. It will go nicely with my orange crocs! (thanks for those by the way mom!!)

Having another slap bracelet in my possession took me back to 2nd grade at my old alma mater, Sawtooth Elementary,when Misses Reed was my teacher (I write it that way, because my siblings relentlessly tease me about my inability to pronounce Mrs. correctly) and
Anna and Lisa were the only important people in the world, well them and my crush of the year Kyle Bradshaw, but now that I think of it he might have been 3rd grade...

Well, Anyway Rock On! Or something cool slap bracelets would make me say.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Slap bracelets forever! Ah, those were the days. Why did mine always break so quickly? Now if we could just get our hands on some pogs . . .

Goodwin Family said...

I was a fan of the slap bracelet too back in the day. Have you seriously been wearing it to work? This I gotta see....

beck said...

'Amember how I have Verizon?

Carrie said...

Kyle Bradshaw?!?! ha ha! I love Mrs. Reed. Slap bracelets were recalled I think because they became dangerous...so be VERY careful.
And Lisa...I've got some pogs...

Our Family said...

So it has been too long since we've spoken....about 7-8 years infact! It is so good to see your blog and see that you are doing well, I was checking out some other friend's blogs and stumbled onto yours! Still as pretty as ever and living life to the fullest still I see! It would be great to keep in touch! check out my blog if you feel like it sometime!
nysje-thebarnesfamily.blogspot.com

Check ya later chika!

Nysje (Turner) Barnes

Suspension Bridges said...

What is my blog not cool enough to stalk?

John and Anna said...

I'm glad you remember we were the most important! :) Ha Ha. Oh and I'm pretty sure I have a purple slap bracelet that I wear occasionally to school to show my kiddies.

Rachel said...

ahh, slap bracelets, those were great times, good old sawtooth, congratulations on your engagement! that is so cool you are getting married in the twin falls temple.