Thursday, May 29, 2008

Camp Williams

My work had its annual staff retreat today. Usually we've spent the day lounging at a cabin or something, but this year, we kicked it at an Army base, Camp Williams.

We had amazing tee-shirts,
fortunately mine was less
obnoxious than
others...as you can see. I just hope the soldiers weren't laughing too hard.

We started the day off completing an obstacle course, mostly getting ammo cans from here to there without touching the red paint. It was actually a lot of fun. Really really cold, but fun. Fortunately I didn't fall the water like some of my comrades. (that really was Caleb's fault for trying to splash me) I didn't have my camera for that, so no pictures, sorry.

Later that afternoon we hit the repelling tower. It was a towering 540 inches! (which is only 45 feet tall, but sounds more impressive in inches) I was the first down the free fall side. It was a little nerve racking, but the army men at the top were nice and talked my nerves down and sent me over the side. As most of you know, the first step is the worst. Once you're sitting in the harness suspended in the air being held by a mere rope. . .
Piece of Cake.









Waiting for permission to go up.








I know, I know so sexy.









But this was the scariest part.

ME belaying!!!

3 comments:

The Stanford Bunch said...

That looks like sooo much fun, Ash! Hot stuff! :)

beck said...

Your bum looks cute in a harness.

Ash said...

nobody's bum looks cute in a climbing harness.